Become a Member
…and be a part of the continuing history of America’s oldest working boat shop!
Established in 1793 and cited as the birthplace of the fishing dory, Lowell’s Boat Shop is a non-profit working museum and National Landmark that is dedicated to preserving and perpetuating the art and craft of wooden boat building. Your membership and participation is crucial to sustaining Lowell’s through its third century of operation.
JOIN TODAY & Experience the Lowell tradition!
All memberships include:
- Unlimited admission to the Boat Shop
- 10% discount on classes and merchandise
- Invitations to Spring Launch and Fall Haul and other special events
- Rowing on the Merrimack on Open Waterfront days*
- Membership card and LBS bumper sticker
- Join at the Centennial level or above and receive free admission to all Council of American Maritime Museums.
*Rowing is allowed only when waterfront conditions allow. Please check in advance with the boat-shop to make sure the waterfront is open for rowing.
|Membership Levels and Benefits|
|Individual||$45||Member benefits for 1 person|
(Dual & Family)
|$75||Member benefits for 2 adults and their children (under 18)|
|Centennial||$100||Member benefits plus LBS pin & $10 gift certificate for Shop Merchandise|
|Quartermaster||$250||Member benefits plus LBS pin & $25 gift certificate|
|Steward||$500||Member benefits plus LBS pin & $50 gift certificate|